Energy Delivery Project Manager Full-time, Permanent Jobs 2022 £35,994 – £39,369 a year by fristjobs
Energy Delivery Project Manager Full-time, Permanent Jobs 2022 £35,994 – £39,369 a year
Energy Delivery Project Manager Full-time, Permanent Jobs
£35,994 – £39,369 a year
Full Job Description
- 200728 Permanent
- 200320 Fixed Term until 1st November 2023
Work pattern: 37 hours a week
Post number: 200728, 200320
As an organisation we support flexible working. This role allows hybrid working (a mix of home and office working) and a working pattern suitable for you can be discussed on appointment if you are successful.
You will be contracted to a NRW office within the place base, of which you will be required to attend for regular meetings, training and for one-to-one meetings with your manager. These will be planned in advance.
This is an exciting opportunity to be an important member of the Energy Delivery Team. The busy and dynamic team is responsible for the delivery of renewable energy or other commercial projects on the Welsh Government Woodland Estate.
The post holder will manage the integration of large and complex energy (or other commercial) projects within the WGWE. You will be responsible for managing the interface between the development / construction of high-profile projects and NRW’s land stewardship responsibilities. The post holder will also be expected to manage this interface on a range of smaller projects. You will ensure that effective systems are in place for the long-term management of projects during their operational life.
The post holder will need to influence key stakeholders and maintain partnerships internally and externally; enhancing the reputation of the project by responding to and resolving issues raised, including with renewable energy Developers, Welsh Government, other public bodies, service providers and other stakeholders.
The post holder will need to work collaboratively with other Directorates, to ensure that internal governance procedures are followed, embedding SMNR and Wellbeing outcomes in energy project deliverables.
The role involves desk and site-based work on the WGWE ensuring works are carried out in a safe, environmentally sustainable, and legally compliant manner.
If you are a professional, target focused person with a desire to ensure NRW’s corporate goals are achieved, we would encourage you to apply for this post and become part of #TeamNRW.
Your responsibilities include:
- Lead and supervise project teams including specialist suppliers and Project Support Officers.
- Provide mentoring and staff development support to team members and support the implementation of health, safety and wellbeing working practices and risk assessments.
- Project Manage the delivery of Energy (or other commercial) Projects through the PRINCE 2 Lite approach. Maintain project documentation, organise Project Board meetings and escalate issues and seek guidance as appropriate.
- Engage directly with developers to map out and follow procedures for project delivery.
- Deliver internal NRW consultation processes (such as Land and Property Consultations).
- Review Developers’ Risk Assessments and Method Statements and monitor site-based activities to ensure developer compliance.
- Set up and manage contracts for specialist supply services including land-based activities such as tree clearance.
- Assist Developers in work to discharge planning conditions.
- Develop and ensure implementation of systems for managing commercial agreements during their operational life.
- May provide specialist technical advice across project teams as required. (subject to levels of relevant experience).
- Oversee the negotiation and completion of commercial agreements, working closely with specialist Land Agent suppliers.
Qualifications, experience and knowledge
Knowledge and experience of the following:
- Experience of Project Management. (essential)
- Works well under pressure and has good diplomacy skills to manage challenging situations. (essential)
- Flexible and adaptable, willing to take on a variety of projects in multiple locations. (essential)
- Well organised, self-motivated and good resource management skills. (essential)
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. (essential)
- Strong IT skills including MS Office.* (essential)*
- A competent driver* (essential)*
Welsh language requirements:
Essential Level 1– able to pronounce Welsh and use basic phrases
Desirable Level 3* –* Able to communicate with confidence in Welsh in some work situations.
Please note if you do not meet the level 1 requirement i.e., ability to understand basic phrases and ability to pronounce Welsh names correctly, then NRW offers a variety of learning options and staff support to help you meet these minimal requirements during the course of your employment with us.
Please note – Applications to this role will be assessed based on the following competencies, both at shortlisting and interview. Please give examples of how you demonstrate these competencies when completing your application form.
Essential Knowledge and Skills
- Ability to undertake a higher level of practical or technical tasks, requiring specialist knowledge/ expertise. Post holders may be experts in a range of subjects relating to their profession.
- Post holders will have substantial contract management experience and will be able to deliver contracts of mid-level complexity, risk and impact. Knowledge of contract law and contract management/ governance and its consequences is essential. Post holders will have the ability to develop briefs and specifications for contracts.
- Post holders will display technical knowledge in their discipline and will have relevant experience.
- Post holders will have a high level of knowledge and experience of health, safety and wellbeing as well as public safety and public liability.
Evaluation of Information
- Interprets the function’s operational delivery plans and understands its context in the wider NRW strategy.
- Ability to interpret contracts and contract law, and be able to assess and evaluate contract queries, challenges and non-compliance.
- Ability to analyse, understand and convey organisation requirements in contract briefs and specifications.
- Able to analyse and interpret a wide range of complex information, extracting key points and communicating this to individuals at all levels and contributing to the development of policy.
Decision Making and Autonomy Requirements
- Work guided by expected results but able to decide how best to achieve these. Guidance may be provided by peers but there will be a need for some degree of judgment or creativity. Priorities may need altering due to conflicting demands. Objectives and targets, etc. will be reviewed on an intermediate basis.
- Post holders will be delivering often significant programmes of work.
- Responsible for making independent decisions at an operational level with input from line management and peers. Will have an understanding of NRW policy and their potential implications for the business. As a mid-level contracts manager, post holders are accountable for all aspects of delivery and performance.
- Decisions may be made which lead to changes in established procedure/practice. The consequence of taking wrong decisions will have an adverse effect on the organisation in relation to its external stakeholders such as partner organisations, lenders, service users etc.
- Decisions may concern a broad range of matters and the outcomes of some decisions may not always be immediately clear or apparent. Problems encountered may also relate to the work of other parts of the organisation and could be variable and diverse. The impact of decisions is likely to be wider than the immediate function or department and is likely to be medium term.
- Post holders will have a moderate level of impact and influence, which is generally medium term in impact.
- The post holder’s decisions and actions will influence others.
- The consequences of their decisions making/ action will have a medium impact internally or externally.
- Post holders are responsible for the overall delivery and output of the range of contracts being managed.
Communication and Relationships with Others
- As an externally facing organisation, the post holder will have responsibility for managing the relationships with third party organisations and contractors.
- Ability to communicate both in writing and verbally, and/or leading projects, requiring persuasive skills. This may also include facilitating and/or presenting at internal or external meetings, giving advice and input as required. There will be a requirement to foster and maintain good relationships and networks.
- Post holders will typically produce less complex documents, reports, accounts, contracts etc. Content will contain a lower level of advice, guidance or opinion which the recipient will act upon or use and which is likely to have detrimental consequences if incorrect or poorly drafted.
- Able to source information from multiple locations through research and apply professional judgment as to how the material should be interpreted; the impact of which is likely to be medium term in nature.
Responsibility for Resources
- The post holder may have responsibility for checking the validity of forms and documents as part of a process and/ or the procurement of goods and services with approval.
- The post holder will have responsibility for managing the delegated budget relating to the range of contracts being managed.
Benefits of working for us
This role will offer a range of benefits, including:
- agile and flexible working (role dependent)
- Civil Service Pension Scheme offering employer contributions of 26.6% to 30.3%
- 28 days annual leave, rising to 33 days
- generous leave entitlements for all your life needs
- health and wellbeing benefits and support
- weekly well-being hour to use at your choice
- competitive financial rewards to enhance your monthly pay
See full details for all the employee benefits you will receive.
How to apply
Please send a completed Application form to Applications@naturalresourceswales.gov.ukusing the post number as the email reference
Before completing your application, please read our Guidance on completing a job application form
Application closing date* : 18 September 2022*
Interview dates will be confirmed.
If you have any queries about the role, please contact* Gordon Baird at Gordon.firstname.lastname@example.org* for 200728 or* Dan Bown* at email@example.com 200320
Natural Resources Wales embraces diversity and promotes equal opportunity. We recruit by merit on the basis of fair and open competition.
We welcome and encourage applications from groups currently underrepresented, including women, black and ethnic minority groups and people with a disability. We have a guaranteed interview scheme for candidates with disabilities who meet the minimum selection criteria.
We put the principles of human rights, equality, fairness, dignity and respect at the heart of our values.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract, Permanent
Salary: £35,994.00-£39,369.00 per year
Also Read This Jobs:https://thesarkari.in/world-jobs/kellogg-company/
Associate Project Manager
Full Job Description
ZeroAvia is a leader in zero-emission aviation, flying the world’s largest hydrogen-electric aircraft since September 2020. Its focus is the design and commercialization of hydrogen-powered aviation solutions to address a variety of markets, initially targeting short-haul, sub-regional commercial flights up to 500 miles. To date, ZeroAvia has secured the UK CAA and FAA experimental permit to fly its 6-seat aircraft powered by a hydrogen-electric powertrain passed significant flight tests and is on track for commercial deliveries by 2024. Its achievements to date were rewarded by the UK prime minister by inviting ZeroAvia as a member of the UK Jet Zero Council.
ZeroAvia’s powertrain development focuses on integrating hydrogen storage tanks, fuel cell systems, and electric motors, delivering a solution that will be not only without carbon emissions but also cheaper to operate. Commercialising the solution requires the establishment of a new clean aviation ecosystem, encompassing hydrogen production from renewable energy sources and tackling public perception of safety.
- Lead project delivery of work streams within projects of various sizes within ZeroAvia
- Create clear project plans, timelines, and milestones for these work streams and report on them
- Prepare clear and concise reports across several projects to internal and external stakeholders
- Manage off-track items and resolve conflicts. Track and act on risk management updates
- Interact with the engineering and commercial teams to deliver projects on time and within the scope
- Communicate proactively with the funding bodies/project partners / clients to deliver outcomes, report status, and discuss the next steps
- Lead and prepare meetings with internal and external stakeholders to review progress, plan budgets, and manage tasks
- Coordinate approvals with the ZeroAvia leadership team
- Contribute to and develop teams, project management best practices, and execution standards
Knowledge, experience and qualifications
- A high degree of ownership for project delivery – proven track record. This includes demonstrable problem-solving skills, the ability to adapt to issues as they arise, and provide solutions
- Formal qualification, ideally in Engineering, Aerospace, Science, or Business
- At least 2 years of experience in leading complex projects, ideally in the aerospace industry
- Exceptional communication and stakeholder management skills, proven in working in teams w/ technical and non-technical members and building rapport with those
- Flexible approach to work and a high level of drive and ambition to help achieve the organization’s goals
- A genuine passion for clean technology and the future of electric aviation
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity
- Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying levels of requirements efficiently and effectively
- Experience with common project management tools as well as with standard Microsoft Office applications
Diversity and inclusion
ZeroAvia is an equal opportunity employer and as a young company in the aviation industry, we value diversity and need people of different backgrounds that bring a plethora of skills, perspectives, and mindsets to the table that can spur originality, imagination, and creativity. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status or disability status.